The initial construction phase has started on the $5.5 million U.B. Kinsey Educational & Community Center, a 12,000-square-foot multi-purpose building located at 801 W. Eighth Street in the Northwest community, a predominantly African-American neighborhood of West Palm Beach, Florida. The Northwest district is recognized as the first and oldest neighborhood of West Palm Beach. The center is named for the late Ulysses B. Kinsey, a longtime member and leader of the Tabernacle Church and a dedicated educator of children in Palm Beach County.

On October 1, 1894 the first school for African Americans in Palm Beach County was located at what is now known as Clematis Street in West Palm Beach. That first school started with 74 students. We are proud to introduce another historic education center for African American children to our community.

tab-great-give-widget